Junior Firmware Engineer
Axon at its core is not a traditional engineering company but more of a start-up. We’re changing the way law enforcement uses technology today and our success depends on the top-notch engineers continually developing and improving our technologies and products. That’s where you come in. As a Firmware Engineer, you’ll design, build, and implement new features for Evidence.com and our Axon platform. You’ll also help drive Axon’s firmware development. You’ll work closely with the electrical engineering team and external vendors to define and build camera driver firmware, middleware, and application modules.
Your goals in life include more than just landing a high-paying job. You do more because it matters. You’ll aim a little higher and reach a little further. And when it comes to looking for that next opportunity, you want to do work that matters. Our Seattle-based software team is made up of a plethora of talent, and will help you gain exposure to cross-train in a variety of languages and products. Our team is versatile and determined, no matter the project or activity. At Axon, you’ll have the freedom to work on projects you’re passionate about, and the support of people who will challenge you in new ways.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Past internship experience developing embedded applications
- Experience embedded C programmer with additional ability in Python
- Extensive background in Real Time Operating Systems and embedded Linux. Some exposure
to Qualcomm SoC and bare metal development preferred
- Familiar in the following areas of firmware development: Video, audio, power management,
peripherals management, encryption, and wireless communication (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC)
- Understanding of kernel development, Android porting, threads, inter-process communications, and profiling
- Emphasis on self-diagnostic code via robust fault detection, reporting, and recovery
- Documentation of design/interface specifications and architecture
- Responsibility for unit and system testing
- Ability to read schematics and understand electronic circuitry
- Firmware design and development for our next-gen Axon camera platform and automatic activation platforms
- Work with distributed firmware teams and SaaS engineering teams to guide software development.
- Collaborate with the hardware team and vendors to optimize power consumption, image & audio quality.
- Communicate with quality & validation teams to verify the end-to-end customer experience is exceeding expectations using automated testing and telemetry analysis
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Axon® is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran